VENTURE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER AT WATTX
wattx is looking for a Venture Development Manager to identify new business opportunities, explore market potentials, as well as shape business models for our cutting-edge prototypes in the space of Construction Tech, Prop Tech, and Sustainability. Additionally, you will drive the transition from prototype to venture, helping us to bring early products to market. You will be working directly with the CEO and venture development team of wattx as well as with the cross-functional founding teams of our rapidly growing portfolio of startups active in IoT, machine learning, and predominantly the B2B space. Given the great amount of responsibility you will have, here is the challenge:
WHAT YOUR MISSION ENTAILS:
You will collaborate on one or multiple projects in the area of Construction Tech, Prop Tech, and Sustainability. To excel in this you will...
- Establish entirely new business models for B2B customers, our clients, or our parent company Viessman by leveraging the skill sets within wattx.
- Lead cross-functional teams to transform ideation insights and concepts into new business models with technology.
- Identify disruptive innovations, market trends, and startups early on to fuel wattx’s ideation funnel.
- Project manage the venture development process – drive the project from a business perspective, scope out, and define project timelines (with the support of the other teams!) for the ventures.
- Be the main point of contact for our clients (incl. project clients and stakeholders from our parent company Viessmann.)
- Prepare strategic documents, presentations, handovers, and venture pitch decks for board meetings and do-or-die sessions.
- Communicate, set up meetings, and draft terms with our many partners in the startup space.
- Regularly summarize your research and create memos, reports, or blog articles for relevant stakeholders.
WHAT YOU NEED TO START YOUR MISSION:
- You hold a master’s degree with strong academic performance in either management, economics, innovation, engineering, or a related field and have demonstrated strong experience in these fields.
- You are a career changer with at least one year of relevant work experience or internships in consulting, venture building, product development, project management, or tech startups.
- You are interested in taking ownership and responsibility for the outcome of a project in an entrepreneurial environment and are passionate about technological trends, innovation, and startups.
- You always think about the future outcome of the decisions you make. You are able to take complex problems and break them down into actionable steps and a project plan.
- You enjoy cooperating with team members and other stakeholders
- You are courageous, and you like to learn and grow by solving different problems and taking initiative. Flexibility is an important factor for you and you can navigate your work within the set time frames.
- You are fluent in English and German; other languages are a plus.
- Last but not least: you’re a true team player who is committed to putting the team first - always.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package.
- A great team with diverse and highly advanced skill sets and an office environment to learn and thrive in.
- Ownership over your projects and an empowered working environment.
- A range of topic experts to support the decision-making process.
- Guidelines and training materials based on industry best practices and our learnings from applying these techniques.
- A learning budget to allocate as you see fit.
- The possibility of working from home.
All applications will be screened without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual identity, worldview, or disability.
wattx is a new kind of company builder focused on creating deep technology startups, in the space of Construction Tech, Prop Tech, with real impact and focus on Sustainability. We are a full-stack team of hardware and software engineers, data scientists, user experience researchers, and designers as well as venture developers.
We identify opportunity areas and then conduct research and ideation sessions. Solutions that evolve from these sessions are prototyped, vetted, and developed as projects with our parent company Viessmann, as well as with other clients from Mittelstand and our broad network of partners.
Working with our partners from the Mittelstand enables us to create real solutions that have a real impact!